ITR-3 Form Filing - Income Tax Return
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from Quick Consult.
ITR-3 Form Filing – Income Tax Return
The ITR-3 Form applies particularly to those Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families who have income from carrying on a profession or from Proprietary business. If an Individual/HUF is having income as a partner of a partnership firm that is carrying out business/profession, he cannot file ITR-3. In such case, he is required to file ITR 2.
ITR-3 must be filed by individuals and HUFs who have income from carrying on a profession or from Proprietary business.
If an Individual/HUF is having income as a partner of a partnership firm that is carrying out business/profession, he cannot file ITR-3. In such case, he is required to file ITR 2.
ITR-3 form is to be used when the assessee has income that falls into the below category :
- Income from carrying on a profession
- Income from Proprietary Business
- Along with income from a profession or proprietary business, return may also include income from House property, Salary/Pension and Income from other sources
Due date for filing income tax return is 31st July for Individuals and 30th September for Businesses.
Filing Income Tax Return ITR-3 Form
ITR-3 form can be filed under three methods:
- Filing ITR-3 form using digital signature certificate.
- Transmitting the data in ITR-3 form electronically under electronic verification code.
- By transmitting the data in ITR-3 form electronically and then mailing (By post) the return in Return Form ITR-V to the Income Tax Office.
All taxpayer filing ITR-3 form who are required to obtain a tax audit must file ITR-3 form using digital signature. Assessee filing ITR-2 form under the third method must complete the acknowledgement in ITR-V. After preparing ITR-V, the assessee should print out two copies of Form ITR-V. One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent by ordinary post to Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru–560100 (Karnataka). The other copy may be retained by the assessee for his record.