What is the PAN Card Registration?
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique 10 digit alphanumeric number which is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It is issued to the citizen of India and Non-Resident of India. PAN is becoming important day by day as it is required by many individuals, corporations etc while dealing with a commercial transaction. Also, PAN is a mandatory document while opening a fresh account in Bank. PAN acts as a universal identification key, to track financial transactions which might have a taxable event to prevent tax evasion.
PAN card registration is now becoming important in our country as PAN is required when a person has a taxable income and also for many government policies there is a requirement of PAN Registration. The process of PAN registration is very easy. In This Article at Myonlineca, We will talk about how to apply pan card registration online. PAN registration is required only first time when you apply for the PAN Card after this there no registration is required.
What is a PAN Card?
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10 digit alphanumeric number. It is issued by Income Tax Department of India and is in the form of a laminated card. There is no minimum age required for obtaining this Card. PAN Card act as identification for individuals, families, corporate bodies, especially those who pay income tax. PAN Card Registration is now required for various government policies. You have to make PAN Card Registration which can be made online and after successful verification of your online registration PAN Card will be delivered at your address.
What is Pan Card Online Registration
For obtaining PAN Card you need to register your identification. PAN registration Application can be filed online for the issuance of fresh PAN Card. Online PAN Card registration is easy. PAN registration is required only once and after registration amendment can be made but new registration cannot be done. Any change in address throughout India does not impact PAN.
Why do we need a PAN Card
- PAN Registration is mandatory.
- A PAN card is a means of photo identification which is accepted by all Government and non-Government institutions in the country.
- For making other documents like Passport you need a PAN Card.
- For Opening a fresh Account in a bank you need a PAN card.
- For commercial activities, you need a PAN Card.
- For any Tax purpose, you need a PAN Card.
- For obtaining a Debit/ Credit Card you need a PAN Card.
- For applying for Loan you need a PAN Card.
How to Apply for PAN Card Registration Online?
PAN Card Registration can be made online. Amendment can also be done online after making online registration. Online application for PAN Card registration can be made through government-authorized websites. National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) or UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTI ITSL) portal i.e. and NSDL Portal are available online. Online PAN registration can be made on the above-mentioned portal.
Documents Required for PAN Card Registration Online
When you apply for the Online PAN Registration you have to submit the following documents:
1. For Individual and HUF
- Proof of residential address, identity, and date of birth Like Aadhaar Card or Voter Identity Card or driving license or passport.
- Passport size photograph
2. For other like Firm, Body of Individual, Association of Person, Company Partnership firm etc.
- Copy of Certificate of registration of such body.
- Copy of Incorporation documents like Memorandum of Association, Partnership deed etc.
- Proof of address like a copy of the address of property paper if owned.
Steps to Apply for PAN Card
For applying for application of PAN Card online it is a very simple step you have to follow during PAN Card Registration:
- Then select the type of form. For Indian citizen, you have to select Form 49 A.
- You have to visit the official website
- Read the form filling instruction carefully. Select the appropriate category.
- Attach the required documents. If it is unable then send it by post.
- Automatic tracing code will be generated. You can track your status.
- Automatic acknowledgment will be generated. Print this page and paste your photo on it. And sent it do NSDL address i.e. NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
- The fee can be paid online. The fee payable while physical documents are forwarded to NSDL e-Gov. is Rs. 91 exclusive of taxes. If the application is submitted through paperless mode like e-KYC & e-Sign / e-Sign scanned based / DSC scanned based the fee payable is Rs. 86 exclusive of taxes.