Public Ltd. Company Compliance
Public Limited Company Annual Filing
A public limited company incorporated under companies act, 2013 with minimum 3 directors & minimum 7 members. A public limited company is entitles to offer shares to general public. Since, public money is involved, annual compliances becomes the major answerability to the public regarding the affairs of the company. It is mandatory for all Public Limited companies to file annual compliances on time as per dates defined by ROC. Failure in filing compliance on time leads to heavy penalties on business.
Following are annual compliances of a public limited company:
• Annual Return in Form MGT-7 regarding latest information about the directors and shareholders of the public limited company
• Financial Statements in Form AOC-4 to be filed with the Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, Directors’ Report, Cash Flow Statement, Auditor’s Report, and the Consolidated Financial Statement
• Income Tax Returns
• Secretarial Audit Report in Form MR-3
• Annual Compliances under all Rules and Regulations associated with SEBI
• Form MGT-14 for Adoption of Financials and Director’s Report
• Form MGT-15 regarding exclusive report on the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the company.
Public Limited Company Annual Filing:
|CREDIBILITY & TRANSPARENCY||Proper compliance according the company law is the obligation of every company. This regular compliance helps the company in raising its credibility. In government tenders, loans, etc., the authority or banks etc. consider the regular compliance as criteria for ensuring the credibility & transparency of an organization.|
|INVESTMENT||For expansion purposes, every company needs investment & it is in the nature of investors to invest in only those ventures or companies which they consider giving them high returns. So, in taking this decision an investor look at the financial records, dates etc. before making or finalizing any proposal. The regular compliance increases the credibility of the company.|
|ACTIVE STATUS||As stated earlier, regular default in annual compliances results in striking down of name of company by the registrar. So, annual compliance helps in marinating active status.|
|CLIENT ASSURANCE||Regular annual compliance results in assuring the clients that the company is regularly reviewing its operation. So, they can trust company regarding their operations.|
|COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE||Annual compliance gives a competitive edge in the market. It can be used in advertising the business & assuring the investors or customers about the company’s business.|
|CORRECTNESS OF DATA||Annual compliance by the companies ensures that the data collected for annual compliance is correct.|
|AVOIDING PENALTIES||Many times small business end up with heavy penalties as they do not comply with annual compliances. So, regular annual compliances results in avoiding heavy penalties.|
Procedure for Public Limited Company Annual Filing:
Provide necessary documents required for compliance & other filing activities.
Documents required for Producer Company Annual Filing
1. Balance sheet
2. Consolidated financial statements
3. Directors report
4. P&L Account
5. Details of the Members
6. Details of Directors and Secretarial Certificate (if applicable) & other necessary documents.